Slide Transfer Service
NOW THROUGH DECEMBER 5TH... 15% OFF ALL ORDERS + FREE PICK-UP AND DELIVERY IN OUR LOCAL AREA!
Preserve your precious memories! Carlisle Camera can transfer or “digitize” your chromes or slides to archival grade (100-year data retention) CD’s or DVD’s. Each slide is scanned individually and each scan is reviewed for color and exposure. If possible, corrections are made to restore color and correct exposure. Slide scanning is a very slow and labor intensive process. Note: Mold and marks are common on old slides. We do our best to produce the best results but some issues are not correctable.
Slide Transfer Prices:
|1st slide to archival grade CD or DVD||$6.95|
|Each additional slide – scanned at 1250-DPI||$0.49|
|Each additional slide – scanned at Hi-Res||$1.49|
|Duplicate archival grade DVD||$9.95|
- Our 1250dpi scans produce a JPEG file large enough to make prints up to 10x15.
- Scans up to 4800 dpi can be done at your special request.
- Some slides will not produce acceptable scans. You will not be charged for unacceptable scans.
- JPEG files on CD or DVD are intended for long term storage and viewing on your PC. If your primary interest is to play the CD or DVD in your home DVD player, we suggest adding the Slide-Show DVD option to your order.
- Average turn-around depends on the size of the order. Estimated times will be quoted for each order.
What to do when you are ready to digitize your slides:
We can accept your slides in any form. Bring them in trays, boxes, bags, or envelopes and we will take it from there. However, If you have a particular sequence, you must have them organized in some sequential form that we can follow. The best option would be to hand number each one. When you are ready, contact us to arrange for pickup / delivery service at your home or office